The next thing to create was the rest of the body. I had decided there would be around 10 pieces of the entire animal, including the head and tail, so I needed around 8 pieces to make the rest of the body and the tail at the end.
I made these the same way I made the head and the first part of the body. Making a polygon cube and adjusting the CVs by moving them around and scaling them until I was happy. In order to make them a bit more square and less organic, I inserted more resolution by using the Insert Edge Loop Tool.
When I was happy with the initial shape, I duplicated that polygon and arranged them as the rest of the body and went about adjusting them so they fitted well into each other and looked neat.
The next thing to create was the tail. I made another polygon cube and added it to the end of the body. I wanted to start with a fresh cube because I didn't want it as square as the the rest of the body. I wanted the end to be a bit more curved. I adjusted the CVs and added more resolution until I was happy with the final outcome.
I also noticed that the geometry in the first part of the body seems a bit bent, so by moving the CVs around, I managed to not dig into the body too much.